Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded or chopped into little pieces
- 1/4 cup half & half, or whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how to put it together:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the cauliflower and potatoes. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pot. Place the cauliflower and potatoes in a food processor or blender, along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well blended. Taste to check whether more salt is needed and serve.